- Pullman Observation "Hickory Creek," built in 1948 and utilized on the 20th Century Limited
- NYC Business Car #3, which was originally built for Harold S. Vanderbilt, the last of the Vanderbilts to direct the NYC; and was later utilized by NYC management.
EXCURSION NOTES: Amtrak Empire Service trains do offer snack service enroute. We are also arranging for limited food and beverage service on board the cars. All tickets for these excursions are offered as separate One Way Fares, good for one single trip between the points listed. Anyone who chooses to board or debark at intermediate Amtrak stations may do so, but the fare covers one seat for one person for the entire ride. Tickets are not transferable except at the Society's discretion. THESE EXCURSIONS WILL ONLY OPERATE IF THEY ARE FULLY SUBSCRIBED AND PAID FOR BY FEBRUARY 1, 2007. In the event that these trips cannot be operated all payments will be fully refunded.
- NYP to NFL, NFL to NYP - one way in either direction on either car $250.00.
- NFL to ALB, ALB to NFL - one way in either direction $175.00.
Priority consideration for seating will be given to those who purchase a round trip. When ordering tickets, please use the form attached, indicating the Day, Car and Trip Route desired; such as: Friday April 27, HC NYP - NFL. Seating will be VERY LIMITED, and due to an expected heavy and early demand, you may wish to submit a second and / or third choice of train trips. Please indicate your first and alternative choices clearly. Since these trips are an adjunct activity of the New York Central System Historical Society and its 2007 Annual Meeting, ticket subscriptions will be confirmed in this order based on the date of the postmark.
- Thursday, April 26: Hickory Creek will be on the rear of Amtrak Train #283, departing NYP (New York Penn Station) at 10:45 AM and arriving at NFL (Niagara Falls) at 8:30 PM. Shuttle transportation to the Grand Island Convention Hotel will be provided.
- Friday, April 27: Hickory Creek will operate on a "Mohawk Round Trip" on Train # 280, departing NFL at 4:05 AM and arriving ALB (Albany/Rensselaer) at 10:45 AM. Hickory Creek will then return on Train #285 departing ALB at 4:25 PM returning to NFL at 11:00 PM. During the layover, there will be time for lunch and a planned tour of the Amtrak Facility.
- Saturday, Sunday April 28,29: Convention, Hickory Creek will not operate.
- Monday, April 30: Hickory Creek will operate on the return trip on Train #286 departing NFL at 9:05 AM and arriving NYP at 6:40 PM. Shuttle transportation from the Grand Island Convention Hotel to the NFL Station will be provided.